Thursday, February 12, 2009

My First Horseback Riding Lesson


Me riding on Dunny


My horse, Dunny


Today, I went on my first horseback riding lesson! The name of my horse is Dunny. She is brown and has a black tail. She also has a white diamond on her forehead. I am only going to have Dunny through level 1 then move on to a new horse. I have horse homework to do if I want to go to the next level . The highest level is 5+ and I hope I'll get better. I learned so many things on my first lesson.
I learned that when you get your horse from the stables you walk on the right and the horse stays on your left. I learned how to groom the horse. They don't like to be brushed lightly. Your brush their mane from bottom to top. Dunny needed some conditioner on her tail. I learned how to saddle up the horse and walk to the arena. Other riders are in the arena as well.
In the arena, I learned how to direct the horse where I wanted her to go. I learned how to make Dunny go forward, stop and to the left and right. I also learned how to get her to jog. I can't wait to see what I learn in my next lesson. I love horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment